The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:48 am

First post! 8D

Characters:

Robert (Robby)
William Lucien
Ishika Latro
TBA---Asrafel Deus

Plot: There's a plot here??? No. wait? What? XD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:05 am

With Wiliam shoved off to remove that horrible stench from his person, and Ishika had made sure to put a razor in with the bath stuffs so that he no longer looked so ragamuffin, she had turned to the child with a slight smirk upon her lips and gestured for him to follow her.

"Come child, you look half starved. I'm sure we can find something that is appropriate for human consumption in this suite, I don't usually have human guests, but always keep a good amount stocked just in case," she purred as she pulled him gently along the hall towards the dining area. It was a spacious and clean affair, high ceilings, crystal chandelier that provided a faceted shimmering source of light that seemed to dance ethereally across the white marble of the walls and floors. The table was of a deep mahogany, a shade of deep red that seemed to stand alone in all the white. The chairs were the same mahogany, all high backed and wooden with a single blood red cushion at it's base that could be seen from the sides. The dining area was open to the relatively small kitchen, where a small stove and refrigerator were the only appliances that stood out amongst the granite countertops and mahogany cabinets. Ishika gestured for Robby to take a seat on a stool that was placed near the bar, which was behind the stove.

Ishika hummed in thought as she opened the fridge, there were a number of vegetables and fruits, but none of which Ishika could remember when her servants had last replaced them. Reaching into the drawer, she pulled out a few vegetables she knew to grow in the human world, and a few she knew didn't but were not toxic to humans. Then she pulled open the freezer and procured a large cut of meat, carefully wrapped in butcher's paper and labeled with a bright sticker declaring to all those who bothered to read it "Hippocampus flank steak". A quick trip to the cabinet revealed a large frying pan, quite a few spices, oil, and a bottle of thick brown sauce that smelled sweet with a promise of salt when opened. She withdrew a large kitchen knife from a drawer and began to quickly slice and dice the vegetables, pausing only once to hiss vehemently when the knife missed and lopped off her index and middle fingers, which she picked out with her other hand and threw away into the trash with a dirty look as she shook the pain away from the injured hand. Her fingers grew back within a few minutes, and she was back to slicing and preparing.

Soon the small workspace was filled with the smell of sautéing spices and vegetables as Ishika carefully cut the slab of meat into not too thin, not too thick slices of meat that would cook quickly enough while still being able to absorb the sauces and flavors of the vegetables.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:17 am

Robby hungrily watched Ishika preparing the food, mesmerized by the sights, sounds, and smells whirling around the kitchen, but not so mesmerized that he didn't notice when Ishika chopped two of her fingertips off and reacted to it as little more than a bad paper cut, cursing as she simply discarded the digits in the trash. However, having grown up on the streets, and around many questionable groups and individuals, he knew better than to question someone who was willingly giving him a free and, by the smell, very delicious meal.

As the first few slabs of meat were removed from the pan, William sauntered into the room sporting little more than a towel wrapped haphazardly around his waist. He was clean shaven, or as clean as he ever shaved, meaning that there were still small patches of prickly five c'clock shadow that his speed shave left behind. His shoulder length hair hung in clumps around his face as he clearly hadn't taken a towel to it, the finer points of showering were apparently lost on the millennium old werewolf.

Taking heavy sniffs of the air, he walked up to the bar and took a seat on the stool next to Robby. "Something smells delicious," he said as he eyed the perfectly cooked and seasoned meat as it was removed from the pan and another raw hunk flopped into it's place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:12 am

Upon hearing the voice of her other, not so human guest, Ishika turned her head just enough to still keep an eye on the food while addressing the new addition to her kitchen decor. She frowned at the sight of a not perfectly shaven face, as well as the unkept locks. "That simply won't do," she grumbled and motioned for Robbie to come over. "Do me a favor child," she purred again, keeping her tone comforting and encouraging, "can you watch the last of the meat as it cooks? Don't worry about the vegetables, they should be done the same time as the meat. All I need you to do is keep stirring it around, and if you feel brave, you may even move the pot, like so," she demonstrated by gently but vigorously moving the pot in a straight line back and forth, causing the ingredients to even out on the bottom, "but only if you wish, do you think you can do this for me? I think your guardian requires my help." The last bit was said in a conspiratorial whisper. And to those watching, it would appear as though Ishika was a marvel with children, but it came with the territory. Orphans were not uncommon in her courts, and often, orphans made the best loyal lieutenants and most dedicated soldiers, of course they had to be handled with a very specific nature and gentle hand from a young age, but time and masks were nothing to the demoness who had lived through centuries before.

Turning to William Ishika's red eyes flashed with disapproval, like a queen watching a subject who has not pleased her, she sniffed in disdain and folded her arms. "I do hope you at least used shampoo in that mop you call hair," she said with a sneer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:03 am

William looked up as if he could see his hair through the top of his head. "Yes. I did. I couldn't find my clothes, though."

Meanwhile, Roby's eyes were dutifully glued to the meat. As it started to simmer more vigorously her grabbed the handle and shook the pan back and forth just as Ishika had demonstrated, smiling proudly when he didn't fling the meat or displace the pan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:14 am

The demoness rolled her eyes as though William had just spoken some of the stupidest words she had ever heard. "Of course you didn't find your clothes, I cannot be seen with someone who appeared to be a...a..." Ishika frowned, searching for the proper english word, even after so many years of having mastered the language, English was so odd, in that it kept evolving, kept adding to itself, it was an ever changing thing, just like the world that had created it. "Hobo I believe you would call them. Come with me."

She grabbed his arm, almost bodily dragging him back to one of the closets in the suite. "I was hoping that you would use common sense and at least hunt down an appropriate set, but no, even with your many years of life, you seem to lack a vital thing that most beings gain after their first century or so in this world of humans and the need to be adaptable." The demoness continued to growl under her breath in different languages various insults to the werewolf behind her, thinking he would recognize at least one, before she finally settled on continuing her rant in latin, reiterating his many years and somehow thinking there were none of his kind and not even knowing of the Sidhe or Fey courts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:27 am

William's jaw clenched as he tore his arm from Ishika's grasp. The vast majority of the time, he had a calm demeanor, but when threatened, or insulted, as he was certain Ishika just did - he was not one to pull punches. His upper lip pulled back as a low snarl escaped his lips. But the next second he seemed to regain his composure, and, though his nostrils still flared, his posturing became more passive.

"I didn't feel it right to look through your things without permission," he monotoned. "And frankly, I didn't even think you'd have anything in my size. I'm a bit bigger than you," he said sarcastically as he held his hand first toward her body then to his own.

Last edited by EcroXineoph on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lucian...William...they're /basically/ the same. * receives dirty looks from both* Ok ok, sorry.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

Rolling her eyes again Ishika scoffed. "Really, how many men do you think pass through my doors, how many of them do you think walk away with the same clothing they walked in with? I'm not the gentlest vixen when it comes to playing, and I can't very well be seen with nude men walking away from my suite, not when I have a 'killer' reputation to keep up...I also have quite a few things I've 'liberated' from my targets. Just a few Armani, Michael Kors, Versace, Dolce and Gabanna, just to name a few. I'm sure we'll have one in your size...despite you being as large as a tree..." The last part was said with a backwards glance, "Hmm, I wonder if you'd be any fun...I've never played with an unnaturally tall man, we'll have to play sometime."

Opening the closet, she gestured to the right, "I sort them by name then size, so if you want an Amani, start at the left, then work your way right until you find the right side. I cannot guarantee any Dolce and Gabanna in your size but I'm sure there's something in there. Oh, and boxers are in the drawers...Sorry I don't like briefs and don't let my playthings wear them, even after playing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:38 am

William's expression darkened. He locked eyes with Ishika, straightening his posture to once again assume an intimidating form. "Let me make one thing abundantly clear. I am /not/ and will /not/ be your /plaything/. And if that's what you want in return for your food and clothes, then I'm taking the kid and we're leaving right now," he finished, as snarl forming on his features.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:55 am

A part of her wanted to snarl back, but Ishika was a proud being, she was also not the Queen of the Deathly just because she used brute force to get there. She was a shrewd politician, and that meant she knew how to deal with the current situation being presented to her. Either she could respond with a show of force to reinforce the fact that she was and always will be the Alpha in this situation, or she could act like the display did nothing to her. Considering her options, the woman took the road that was often far less walked by beings like werewolves and demons and goblins and the various fey. This road would most likely end with her making the man before her one of her many werewolf attendants in court, he could choose weather or not to be a soldier or simply live and let live, either way, it would give her something interesting to witness for at least the next few days, and any form of entertainment was acceptable to her, so he laughed.

Ishika laughed, not a chuckle, not a giggle, not a snicker, no, it was a full on belly laugh. "Why on earth would I do that? I have more fun playthings than you. No... You wouldn't be fun, you're much too stuffy and a little awkward looking. Don't deny it, I can sense it, comes with the job." The last part was said with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:59 am

With one last analytical glare, William relaxed his snarl and slackened his posture. Without a further word, he pivoted 180 degrees and started sorting through the closet, showing his back to her in a classic animal kingdom display of lack of fear.

He flipped from suit to suit, rolling his eyes at each and every one. "You don't have anything more practical? This isn't exactly my style," he said, all traces of hostility gone from his voice. If he had learned one thing over his many centuries it was forgive and forget, an odd disposition for a werewolf, but one learned at great personal cost, and thusly embedded deeply in his ethics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:48 am

Snorting, the demoness shrugged, though the action would be lost by the fact that his back was turned. This wolf was ballsy, she'd have to give him that. Perhaps so long in his self imposed islolation wasn't so bad, most would be on their backs or exposing their throats to her. Interesting AND entertaining, she mused to herself, yes this will be worth my time to see through, if only to break the monotony that is immortality.

"Why on earth would I carry anything else? I do not wish to be seen with ragamuffins or scruffy looking mutts. Once you are properly clothed, I shall have to call the concierge desk to get proper clothes for the child as well. Just because he is a human peasant, does not excuse him from looking like nobility while accompanying me...And do be sure to choose a tie that matches," she casually called over her shoulder as she went back towards the kitchen. From the side she watched, pleased contentment glittering in red eyes as she watched the child. He was quick to try and please, and probably was loyal as they came. If she could sway the wolf to join the courts, perhaps this child could be turned and trained. She had large plans, an Empire, and every little piece counted on her game board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:44 am

"A tie that - are you fucking kidding me?" William mumbled as Ishika walked away.

As Ishika reentered the kitchen, Roby had just finished cooking the last piece of meat and flopped it onto the pile of cooked slabs, only one of which did he burn. He looked up as Ishika entered.

"I'm sorry," he said hastily, looking adamantly at the ground. "I didn't mean to burn the one piece." As he spoke he set down the cooking utensil and slowly backed away from the stove as if he expected retaliation for the mistake he had made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)   

Back to top Go down

Of Demons, Werewolves and Fairies oh my! (Ishikaverse Open to those who understand what's going on)
Page 1 of 1