The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Art request

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

Art request Empty
PostSubject: Art request   Art request EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:10 am

In fact, the indigenous people looked on the order of seven or eight feet tall. Like their smaller relatives, the tlatoans had four arms. They walked on the balls and toes of their feet and had long, backwards pointing ankles that made their legs look distinctly velociraptor-like. They also sported long, flexible tails, much like a cat’s. Their skins ranged from brown to orange to red, and had an almost reptilian appearance. Their faces were long as were their noses and their eyes were large and mostly black with a small ring of varying colors around it. They had no hair, but instead a set of ridges where hair would have grown on a human that swirled back and met in a flat spiral on the back of their heads.
The leader wore a simple loin cloth, as did the others, but he also sported a marvelously colored, geometrically designed shawl draped over his shoulders and a headdress consisting of two white feathers flanking one larger red one. His eyes lingered on the two tlatoans in the group of humans. He spoke, the sounds issuing from his mouth an odd combination of a foreign language, low guttural sounds, and the occasional click or hiss.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

Art request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art request   Art request EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:43 pm

How's a month later for a response? I'm trying to get back on the saddle with this place. <3

All right. I totally do have a design for you in a few pages of my sketchbook. However, I'm not really sure if the head will be to your liking, so before I set everything down on the computer I'd like to ask for a little bit of clarification?

When you say that their faces and noses were long, do you mean long as in animalistic - horselike, snout like, pig like, elephant like? Or do you mean long in terms of humans, so just a long britishy nose made even a little longer? Regarding the eyes, do you mean black as in an animals or a birds, where the entire eye appears as a pupil with a very small ring of colour around it inside the eye? Or do you mean that the colour of the eyes appears black, and the /skin/ around the eye is coloured? Also, I'm not sure what the ridges are - just small hills and valleys of skin, or more like cartilage? How is the head shaped? Is it like a normal human head, or oblong, or more like a goblin with a very short back of the head?

Sorry for all the questions!
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

Art request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art request   Art request EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:30 am

Well, I'd actually love to see what you have sketched just to see what you got from what I wrote w/o further explanations but I'd also love to see it as I imagined too so:
Nose and face I think kinda humanish but like if you just grabbed the top and chin of someone's head and just stretched it. And the nose is pretty flat just sticking out enough to have nose holes but still humanISH not like a snout or anything.
The eyes are like an animals where it's mostly all black but with that SUPER thin ring of color around the very outside edge of the eye (but still in the eye, not skin).
As for the ridges. I guess they'd be made of cartilage. Not super firm like the top of our nose. They've got some give to them. And yeah kinda like (trying to think of hair analogy)...like corn rows? Just kinda parallel lines that run front to back along the head and then right at the back of the head uh...about where a high bun would be, the ridges spiral together.
And head I think I kinda already touched on but vertically stretched out looking. Not as much of a chin as humans.
I think that's bout it but lemme know if you need further clarification.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Art request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art request   Art request Empty

Back to top Go down

Art request
Page 1 of 1