The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So what's Khala's role in all this?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

So what's Khala's role in all this? Empty
PostSubject: So what's Khala's role in all this?   So what's Khala's role in all this? EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 10:25 am

So, Khala: the goddess/spirit of we still don't know what (I was thinking war may be appropriate). What's her role in all this? We know she's in Eltana since her death but why? To what purpose? Does she grant Eltana powers or foresight or does she have these things when she possess Eltana's body? Can she call on the other gods/spirits and use their powers or ask them to do so? What's her deal?
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: So what's Khala's role in all this?   So what's Khala's role in all this? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:47 pm

I believe we need to resolve the problem of having either monotheistic or polytheistic society within the Spirituals side. We could have Eltana be like Athena, a god of War and Reason, and then have her call upon her brothers and sisters for aid against this "threat", or we could just have her be the main deity in this realm.

The problem with Monotheism though, I find, is lack of flaw. I mean, this IS the creator of this world in this situation. What's to stop her from just doing 90 plagues upon the steampunk society? There's too much power in the spirituals side.

On the other hand, if we go with Polytheism as our alternative, we would still have to go through the process of making all of those different gods. I'm sure, Jisu and Me, being geeky, would love to do so. But yet again, the shift of power would come as a threat to the story. Could we just perhaps make some of these gods on the side of the steampunks? I think not, seeing as steampunks gave up on ALL gods, no? So, in the end, we'd could make it so there is conflict in this Mt. Olympus- society, which would be the best alternative for that route. Have a "Hades" try to bring chaos to the world, and after the Steampunks take out all sources of faith and belief in the Gods, He will take over and rule the world/realm they come from.

This could be a possible venue, but other suggestions are greatly admired. Please to be criticizing me nows. =D
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: So what's Khala's role in all this?   So what's Khala's role in all this? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:24 am

Alright, since me, fu, and jisu discussed it, i feel very cleared up about the whole Gods issue. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what's Khala's role in all this?   So what's Khala's role in all this? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what's Khala's role in all this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Missed Parallel :: PMS (lol) :: Story Development-
Jump to: