The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Timeline

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fumagi

Fumagi

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Timeline   Timeline EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 am

----Timeline

Prewar: Jasper with Korin and Kitty (et al)
Prewar: Eltana dies [misfire when Ignos are testing new weapon], Khala comes back, Cheif area, War council, Eltana talks with her father
Prewar: Eltana meets Jasper briefly when he's scouting and nearly spears him
Prewar: Radamanthys has possessed Stan Weatherby, the advisor, and has been spreading misfortune through misinformation in order to instigate a war (chaos turmoil etc)

[Reasons the war breaks out:
-Radamanthys's influence on the Ignacian high society - which is made up of an Assembly of Commons. This acts as a sort of legislative and governmential body, combining the three branches of government into one. The people within are a House of Lord's like body in which pretty much everyone is fairly well off and affluent. They make up most of Ignos's aristocracy, and are typically fairly good at what they do (which allows them to remain in their high positions.) Because of Radamanthys's influence, most of this body slowly turns to having an ignorant and prejucided view toward the Liberaceans. ((People in the Assembly of Commons have titles such as: Judge, Advisor, Executor, Legislator, etc etc made up of small groups.))
-Because of this influence, the Ignacians have less respect for the boundary between the Liberacean land and their own - certain things happen as a result. A dam is built in an area that will affect a far-flung tribal village of the Liberaceans. A store of minerals necessary for the Ignacian life is discovered just beyond the border of the territory. Such things create tension between the two.
-The dam in particular makes a specific tribe rather parched. The tribe is forced off their land because of lack of water and sustainance, and their leader is absolutely furious. He manages to raise a small band of his people after negotiations between himself and a Ignasian fail, and they raze a Ignacian village to the ground.
-That is the final straw for the Ignacians and they prepare for war.
-Eltana's death is the final straw for the Liberaceans.

A messanger is sent with an ultimatum, the Liberaceans refuse.
The war begins.

-Draft scene between Jasper and Korin, in which they have a gay night scene where they talk and stuff.

-Eltana and her sister have a debriefing about the goddess inside her.
-Jasper and Korin talk after a battle and destress.
-Dream sequence with Khala and Eltana showing how that works,

Jasper and Eltana meet on the battlefield over Korin's body. Jasper, in a bit of rage over his dead orphen brother figure, wants to kill all the Liberaceans. He recieves a vision of Milo, his father-boss-figure, who reminds him that if he kills, he'll be perpetuating a cycle of grief and death. He realizes that he wants to do anything to end this war through his grief, and Eltana finds him there and is struck by the level of compassion he has. Human thing. They move the body to less bloddied ground and bury the man. Jasper is in a fog, with only one thing on his mind, and Eltana mentions that she might have a way for it to work. They resolve to work together.

Quick note: Khala has recovered somewhat and is able to note to Eltana the importance of the holy ground and the dead spirits. Kinslaying.

Timeskip a week or so.

They decide to go and speak to the heads of the states, thinking that that will bring an end to the fighting. (naive)

They go to the Liberacean high chief and attempt to stop the war.
-She asks for a chance to speak before them and convince them to end the war,
-After a little bit they ask her to show proof that it's Khala's will, and to let them speak with Khala as confirmation
-Eltana can't summon her, she is dismissed, and discredited.

They attempt to go to the Assembly as well, but receive instances of bad luck. Eventually Radamanthys/Stan crosses their path and Khala recognizes the claw. Khala explains to them about Radaman and we have a chapter of all the instances.
-Sideplot: Get rid of Radamanthys
-them trying to figure out how to
-Khala saying that the best way is to just kill the host
-Jasper refuses, they have a bit of a fight, and Eltana says she'll do it.
-They try to meet up with Stan, missing him by bad luck, and end up deciding that they'll have to meet him at the house.
-Once there, Eltana attempts to kill Stan and is unable to because of Radaman's luck power. Jasper realizes that Eltana is getting hurt by 'bad luck' of Radaman, and realizes he has to kill Stan, because the man is not paying attention to the person who is not attacking him. Eltana gets a roof on her, Jasper stabs at the man, Radaman tries to use his powers, the string snaps his claw and Stan dies.

-Khala has a brief talk with Radaman, before the man is expelled to the godly realm.

-Jasper's all fucked up inside, Khala tries to reassure him in that it was fate, he isn't really reassured. Eltana is carried out of the house and they return to Jasper's home! with kitty so that Eltana can recover!
-"If you hadn't killed him he would have killed me" in a campfire scene.
-Realization of the torc, and then they have to find that stuff. Jasper looks at it, and realizes that he's been working with the stuff all his life, though not directly, and they return to a factory he knows very well.

Retrieval of the holy material that Khala can use - from the factory that Jasper worked for as a mechanic.
Eltana get's captured and revealed, Jasper gives up a bag of gems for her and they escape.
Jasper still has the thing in his pocket and it's all they can use as they don't imagine that they can very well get back in again.

Ways to show that battles are still going on:
-Poster with lowered age for draft, which makes Jasper really fucking angry
-Conversation overheard
-Newspaper
-Khala perhaps telling Eltana about it?
-Kid who's come back from the battle wounded while Eltana recovers.

"Well I can not bring them back... buuuuut"
Twist, in which Jasper and Eltana are told that the holy stone will not bring back the dead, it does not have enough power. Khala shows them what it can do, bringing back a ghost-man (korin) and they realize that all hope is not lost and begin to plan.

-they go back to the safehouse
-they find out about the stone
-Khala tells them about the weakness,
-shows them Korin
-Korin gay moment
-"If they only could see their madness..."
-"Wait! What if they could?"
-they try to plan, waste a few days doing nothing and talking and such

-then in the night, they hear something and follow the army from there.
-do it! quickly!
-eltana tells jasper she could die, he freaks out, comes full circle about stan and she let's khala out feels cold and faints.
-end chapter

-THE SCENE - [army of the dead]

TIMESKIP
-Jasper bringing Eltana a newspaper and reading it to her,
-they talk and wrap up things.
(I'm glad you're not dead.)
-Eltana kisses him on the cheek, saying see yah later boy, and la fin!

holy ground - the dead will rise up and kill everyone, but with the holy stone Khala can control the rising

Ignos/ Libratia

Last edited by Fumagi on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:59 am

yay fu for getting us started!! or at least establishing backbone which we sorely needed for this project.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:58 pm

-Finish the basic skeleton
(subplots?)
(plot)

-Scene outline
(subplots?)

-Chapter Bunching and Layout (before or after scene outline)

-Jisu can start writing, and we can figure pages from there on in.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 5:51 am

Fumagi wrote:
(subplots?)
(plot)

-Scene outline
(subplots?)

I know it would be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch to do, to hassle about, but are we gonna need general areas/districts in both Ignos and Libratia?? I know we need cities and such, but i have the gripping feeling that details are gonna be a thing we might need.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 7:31 am

Ismael the Monk wrote:
Fumagi wrote:
(subplots?)
(plot)

-Scene outline
(subplots?)

I know it would be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch to do, to hassle about, but are we gonna need general areas/districts in both Ignos and Libratia?? I know we need cities and such, but i have the gripping feeling that details are gonna be a thing we might need.
I'm thinkin' next tuesday? :>
That kind of thing'll be easier to do with a nice big sheet of paper and us three all together.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:24 am

I'm game. (Maaan, I'm still on that, WE GOT IT DONE! buzz. XDDDD)
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 3:15 am

EcroXineoph wrote:

It's called SUCCESS COCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINE

so yeah. prepare your nostrils for another whiff. xD
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 6:23 am

Ismael the Monk wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:

It's called SUCCESS COCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINE

so yeah. prepare your nostrils for another whiff. xD

INDEED

asdhjasjdh I really want to make something new for the forum, but it just takes so long and so much out of me that I'll pass for now. ;_;
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:27 am

It looks good but... 2 things
1) Is Korin really gay, or is it just a slash?
2) What happens in the "TIMESKIP"?
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:46 am

Not literal gay. Sorry Andy. XD

And the time skip is just that. A time skip. (You need to RP more.....) Like, OK we could sit on our asses for like, a few days or maybe even weeks until Eltana is better and things calm down enough for us to have this peaceful ending scene. Oooooor, we can skip forward in time until it's interesting again. For example. At the end of LOTR once the ring is destroyed and we see all the orcs dying and all. We know all the good guys survive but we don't REALLY wanna see them all walk ALL the way back across Pelinor fields and wait while Frodo gets all un-THE RING-y so they just skip forward in time to Aragorn's coronation. We really don't miss anything and it keeps it from being RIDICULOUSLY boring.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:40 pm

EcroXineoph wrote:

And the time skip is just that. A time skip. (You need to RP more.....) Like, OK we could sit on our asses for like, a few days or maybe even weeks until Eltana is better and things calm down enough for us to have this peaceful ending scene. Oooooor, we can skip forward in time until it's interesting again. For example. At the end of LOTR once the ring is destroyed and we see all the orcs dying and all. We know all the good guys survive but we don't REALLY wanna see them all walk ALL the way back across Pelinor fields and wait while Frodo gets all un-THE RING-y so they just skip forward in time to Aragorn's coronation. We really don't miss anything and it keeps it from being RIDICULOUSLY boring.

More than it already was???

*awaits smack*

Okay, seriously. it was like I was getting up from my seat 8 times during the whole "Frodo dropped Gollum into the fires!' part. I kept thinking it was over. But NOooooooooooo there was a little more!
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Ismael the Monk wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:

More than it already was???

*awaits smack*

Okay, seriously. it was like I was getting up from my seat 8 times during the whole "Frodo dropped Gollum into the fires!' part. I kept thinking it was over. But NOooooooooooo there was a little more!
Going with the tangent, seriously, I was packing up all my uneaten candy like four times at the end of ROTK. I thought they were just going to skip the whole Scouring because it was a long and unnecessary sort of thing (even in the book it's kind of overkill) and was really surprised when they went for the extra drama with the Grey Havens.

ANYWAY, uh. Wait, do I even have anything to contribute? o_o
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 8:57 am

Also going with the tangent, yes. That was a ridiculously drawn out ending but it served to make my point. I think. Anyway, I couldn't come up with a better example at the time so you get the multiple ending ROTK.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 5:32 am

What should have been shown instead of the WHOLE trilogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn7S0F-Bxf0
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 5:38 pm

Ok! Ok! I am /officially/ trying to resurrect this thing! I just re-read the timeline and now even I can see that it has quite a few kinks that need worked out. But we can do it! (Ok real quick. It's Me, Fu, Ismael, n Tynan that are still working on this thing, right? Maybe Cam. MAYBE Andy. I think Mike's totally out though.)
ANYWAY...we (Fu, Ismael, n me - sorry Ty but your way out where you live. MOVE CLOSER! XDD) should get together some day after school and work on this more. Tues n Wed are good with me for the first two weeks of class and Mon, Wed, Fri are great any week. I'm still really excited about doing this. I want to actually /finish/ a project for once! TwT
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:09 am

We totally should. I have a few ideas to bring to the board - next time we get together, though, we should take notes! XDDDDDDDD We always seem to get a whole bunch of good ideas out that just get forgotten. Notes help that. *nods sagely*

Well, until the middle of september I'm pretty free... when school hits I'll have to find out how I can work my schedule. <3 But that's not for a month, so I'm cool.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:31 am

Man. I really, really, really (seeing as I have no schedule anyways on Thursday until printmaking with jisu and danielle) have a big temptation to go and get tynan on thursday morning and bring him over here so we can BRAINSTORM and REVIVE THIS (not that it needs reviving, just a little push)

Well. I'm savvy with the thursday plan we made, and I have a feeling we could also squeeze in monday and tuesday if you guys are alright with that. Wednesday is no go for me, (frickin flash and web design class), but Friday's good for me too. =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeline   Timeline Empty

Back to top Go down

Timeline
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Missed Parallel :: PMS (lol) :: Story Development-
Jump to: