The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:34 am

((Ok, so I figure, the sooner we get to Andy, the sooner he can stop bitching about not having interaction with his posts and MAYBE then he'll do them more frequently. SO, with that thought in mind, I say we skip him this wave (sorry Andy) and just try and get met up with his character in another round or two.))

Rei'ali smiled and a small chuckle even escaped her lips before her side reminded her that was still not entirely medically advisable. She looked at the proffered hand but stood on her own, offering an apologetic "Thank you." as she did so. When she saw Evan's face she added, "If I can't even stand on my own, I won't be much good to either of us," with another smile.

In the next moment, however, the smile had faded and she made her way to the door, closing her eyes to listen for any noise from the other side. When she heard none, she turned back to Evan, unclipping her pistol from her side as she did so. "Here," she said gently. "I don't expect you to shoot anyone or anything, but you should have a weapon. Just in case. Pull the top back to cock it," she said as she demoed the motion, "then just point and shoot. Careful not to let it overheat." She handed the side arm to the young engineer before she bent down, retrieving her assault rifle from the floor.

Cautiously, she opened the door, poking her head out and looking up and down the hall before she stepped out. She glanced to the right and saw the dead batarians now littering the hallway. She knew this would be hard for Evan but she motioned him out of the room. Now was not the time for gentleness. "I must admit, I am not as familiar with the layout of this colony as I should be. Most of my time was spent in the greenhouse with my plants. Can you lead the way to the comm room? I'll be right behind you the entire time and I'll keep a biotic barrier on you as well."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 am

As the asari stood on her own, Evan frowned and retracted his hand. She did seem like the person that relied upon her our strength instead of others anyway, much like him along with anyone who was thrust into a situation like this with someone you hardly knew by your side. This was a lovely Alliance experience which was going to receive a full complaint-filled report once they got away. If they got away. It was a morbid notion but Evan found out first hand how easily and unexpectedly a life could end.

Rei'ali handed him her unused pistol. Wrapping his hand around the grip, the device came to life; shifting and moving; small, red, neon light indicating its lethality. Following the woman's instruction, he pulled the top back, releasing allowing it snap back into place. As to the firing instruction it was rather simple, nothing the Alliance didn't provide beforehand, though the veteran's words did make them more believable than distant suggestions from unknown faces in the back of his mind. However now it was time to 'move out,' as most military logs would refer to it as.

Exiting the room, he kept his head down and his vision away from anything that would hint to his previous actions. Sooner or later he would have to accept the face that he killed another, but it could wait until they fled this wretched place. It was only at the sound the asari's voice did he break his defense strategy and lay his eyes upon Rei'ali. Though he didn't kindly entertain the idea for sometime, he understood that this was one of the few things he was good at: moving about in a place that would confuse others. With each wall looking the same as the first and the vague marking hardly adding any sense of direction to any newcomer, this installation layout was the only thing he really had going for him... Well this and his omni-tool. "Right follow me. In the interest of time, I'm going to move quickly. I know you got knicked but try to keep up." And with those short words, Evan been to move down the first, hall and took the first right. He attempted to move around anywhere that might compromise their position and avoid large storage areas, bypassing through the server rooms and maintance alley that presented themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:41 pm

((Thought you'd sneak a post in at 3am? Well, take this! Post at 4:40am! Yes, I /should/ be in bed, but I was up reading fics, ok? Cut me a break. Mass Effect 2 did not have a satisfactory romance plot for me thus, FICS to save the day! Aaaaaaanyway, here's your post! Ha! Thought you were pulling a fast one, huh? XDDDD))

Rei'ali did her best to keep up with the human. I t was quite clear he was still running on a substantial amount of adrenaline and that combined with her wound were making the pacing difficult for her. Occasionally, Evan would have to stop, while Rei'ali caught her breath. Her only hope was that the human didn't notice that, ever time he looked away, her hand flew instantly to her side, putting pressure on her wound in an attempt to ease the pain as she trod along after him.

Eventually, and with no further batarian incidents, the duo made their way to their destination, the comm room. They paused outside the door, Rei'ali stepping in front of Evan now. She readied her assault rifle and motioned to Evan to have the pistol ready. "Wait here until I say it's clear," she instructed in a hushed tone before swiveling suddenly around the corner of the door frame and into the room, biotic barrier up and rifle raised, ready to gun down any opposition she might meet without a second thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:25 pm

(( Curses!! Looks like my plans are foiled again. And to think I haven't slept at all since Sunday. I was up all night playing Mass Effect and posting. Plus making pancakes. ))

Upon arriving at the enterance to the comm room, Rei'ali stepped up to her position and prepare to brench in accordance to apparent soldier protocol: ensure safety of civilians. He nodded nerviously, stepping to the side, preping to open the door for the asari. The grip of the gun slipped about in his sweat covered hand know all to well what its purpose was to be if they encounter more batarian within this room or this hallway. At any moment something could happen that is out of his control. Even if there was a sort of danger to be aware of in combat there too was a splash of venomious valour. Evan had to be careful not to allow this toxic feeling to control him, or he too would end up much like the batarians. "Go in three, two, one... It's open!" A fiddling of fingers, the door recognized his code and the door split apart swiftly into the morphing into the walls. Just as he was instructed, Evan stood behind the cover of the door frame, pistol at the ready, await an indication to move form the asari.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:48 am

Searching... Searching... Searching... "Damn allofthecommunitsaregone." So the raiders are smarter then I thought. This is temperamental. Looking to the auxiliary satellites for help, but the communication with them was also cut.

There was sound of a whisper on the opposite side of the door. Are these the other people who got the message? Are they more raiders?

Either way Kolmer would not be caught now, so close to being saved.

"Go in three, two, one... It's open!"

His gun aimed at what he assumes would be the head of the intruders, unless they are a volus, or hanner, or elcor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:57 am

Searching... Searching... Searching... "Damn allofthecommunitsaregone." So the raiders are smarter then I thought. This is temperamental. Looking to the auxiliary satellites for help, but the communication with them was also cut.

There was sound of a whisper on the opposite side of the door. Are these the other people who got the message? Are they more raiders?

Either way Kolmer would not be caught now, so close to being saved.

"Go in three, two, one... It's open!"

His gun aimed at what he assumes would be the head of the intruders, unless they are a volus, or hanner, or elcor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:11 am

The asari matron pivoted around the corner, coming suddenly into the room and finding herself immediately at the business end of a pistol, and a significantly modded one at that. In the split second it took her to realize there was a gun now in her face, a million thoughts ran through her mind. Asari may not think quite at the speed of light like the geth did, but an asari commando was trained to make split second decisions of who to kill and not kill while in the field. A moment later, Rei'ali lowered her assault rifle - at least part way.

"Are you the one who was speaking over the comm system earlier?" she asked, still very guarded. Despite her apparently relaxed stance, she had put her biotic abilities into a sort of stand by mode so she would be able to call upon them with less than a thought. Her rifle may have been lowered,, but the asari was far from trusting this newcomer. If the situation called for it, she was ready to defend herself.

She didn't think it would be necessary - batarian raiders weren't known for working with salarians, but better safe than dead. She knew Evan would be curious but she dared not call out to him to tell him to stay in hiding. She could only hope the human had enough of a brain in his head to realize for himself that that was the best course of action. At least, until Rei'ali confirmed the hostility or lack thereof of the salarian before her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:21 am

The asari charged in gun at the ready but no sooner that she started she stopped. At the moment, Evan's back was against the wall, awaiting the 'A-Okay' to enter. His hands slipped around in his sweaty grasp while his finger hovered to the side of the trigger. He breathed silencely through his noise staring at the wall opposite of him, tracing the edge between panels to pass the time. Then Rei'ali's voice, crisp in the stressed silence, broke out in something he didn't intend to her. 'Who is she-' He began to ask himself before assembling the piece and figuring that the was someone else with her in the room. Without a visual, Evan was left to speculate and worry. Who was this person? Were they friendly? Were they armed? All these questions race through his head and in fact he could fell his curiousity drag his head towards the edge of the doorway, yearning to investigate the situation on the other side.

Before he could however, something caught his eye. His head backed away from the door and turning to the hall. At the end of the corridor a door panel flashed green before the door split apart to reveal a squad of armed batarians. It wasn't until the two parties registered the others existance that a reaction was taken. On the batarians' side, guns were raised into firing position and a violent voice shouted out command. Evan took a less organized approach.

"Rei'ali!" Against the order of the asari, Evan ducked into the room, switching side of the wall, only to begin working on the door in preparation for the batarian charge. His fingers quickly flowed through the holo-interface the door controls produced. Within moments the door sealed themselves and soon after the door controls became red, signalling that Evan's procedure was successful. "Sorry Ms. Asari- I mean... Rei' ali. It looks like they found us." Evan had completely forgotten about the mysterious person in the room with them, even as he prepared another precaution, just to be sure nothing would get through this door any longer. He placed an overload charge on the controls, using his arm to shield him from the minor, spark-filled, light show that the electronic of the door controls gave off as they were short-circuited.

Looking at the panel, Evan heaved sigh of relief, listening to the door beginning investigated by the batarians, searching for a way. "That should hold'em." He leaned forward and rested his head against the wall, eyes closed simply taking in the moment, uncaring of the what might be behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:14 am

Asari weigh about as mush as a human, but the weight was still to much for the scientist. After sliding out from beneath his attacker, Kolmer decided that due to the fact that there was a human with the asari, both could be trusted.

"Not batarian, but batarian blood on both of you. Elaborate cover or other colonists. Assuming colonists... Can't be sure." The salarian turned on his Omni-tool and did a quick scan of the two. "OK, so your colonists. I'm Aegohr Hoonder Fallo Residi Pharamond Kolmer. Call me Kolmer, nothing else."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am

Momentarily distracted by the rush of Evan into the room, Rei'ali raised her rifle again. Once the doors slid shut and locked behind the human, Rei'ali turned her full attention back to the salarian before her, doing her best to hide her smirk when she heard Evan call her 'Ms. Asari'.

She listened to the salarian rattle off several sentences seemingly to himself before divulging his name. The matron was not unfamiliar with deal with the fast paced species and responded simply with, "My name is Rei'ali and this is Evan," she gestured to the human now hunkered near the door. "We're both colonists," she confirmed. Then with a glance toward the door she added with a wry smile, "I doubt the same is true of our persuers."

As she turned to face the door, it began to budge, opening a few inches before shuttering closed again. The latter of the two occurrences usually followed by an aggravated yell from the other side of the door. "Did you see how many there were, Evan?" she asked the engineer. As the human began fidgeting with his OMNI-tool for an answer, the asari turned again to Kolmer. Her gaze went pointedly to the pistol that still hung in the salarian's hands. "Can you use that?" she asked in a matter of fact tone, not implying that he could or couldn't, but simply trying to better gauge the situation.

Again the doors inched open only to slam shut again. Another string of batarian expletives could be heard from the other side of the door, followed this time by several bursts of gun fire, all of which were absorbed by the heavy metal doors. Rei'ali raised what would have been an eyebrow on a human at the Kolmer, spurring him to answer quickly, as if it would be a problem for the salarian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:55 am

With his breath and heartbeat steadied, once again, and the batarians attempting fruitlessly to invade the comm room, Evan finally stood and turned to face Rei'ali and the salarian, whose name was reduced to Kolmer. In normal circumstance a proper greet would be given, however given that these aren't normal circumstances such would have to wait, though Evan believed he had the chance to meet most people on the installation when he first came here. In time maybe Evan would remember Kolmer, but until that time he would have to give up thinking about it as memory of faces doesn't do one good when all you can find are batarians.

When Rei'ali demanded for the situation on the opposite side of the now locked door, like a young cadet Evan promptly responded with "I didn't count 'em but if I had to estimate... Maybe four. It was kinda hard knowing them would've shoot me if I stayed in that hallway. I fried the door controls so we should be good. Unless they use explosive or disengage the security locks." Evan grabbed his pistol and placed a hand on his knee using it to push himself back into a standing position, before turning about to finally see the face of the salarian before turning his attention to the asari. "Other than that we won't be able to use this door either. I'm going to get to work on the control room door," he said pointed towards another door at the opposite end of the room. With his last exchange of words, Evan jogged away from the side of Rei'ali and went back to hunkering before a door panel, fairly sure that the asari could handle the salarian.

And so Evan was left to struggle with yet another door panel; a door that would proven much harder to open, unfortunately. Unlike most doors, this one in particular required a certain code from a certain individual which he was not. Moreover, during invasion the control room doors lock themselves using the same principle as he used on the first door only much more secure due to the importance its contents. It would take time and maybe a few hacks but he would get it opened. At least he hoped to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:11 am

Actually taking half a moment to think, Kolmer replied to the asari now known as Rei'ali, "If you mean how to pull the trigger, then yes, I know how. But if you mean the proper stance and hand placement, then I've never been so clue-less before. If it is like anything those human arcade games, then I speculate that I'll be fine. Do you have any pointers that might provide to be useful?"

The seriousness of the situation finally set in as the thought of having to shoot a living being. As those thoughts flooded Kolmer's mind the fact that he had already killed at least three other batarians. He had never before felt so much guilt and self pity among the countless others, unnameable due to the sheer overwhelming force of mixed emotions. A dry heave, a feeling of bile raging up the throat, deep breaths to attempt to suppress the urge. An urge no longer. The former contents of the scientist's stomach now lay upon the floor between the wall and comm unit.

"I... I apologize, I'm not usually this weak stomached. Not until now had I ever had to kill anything that was not intended to help better science in some way or another." Kolmer stopped to think and evaluate the situation. And think. And think. He could not think of any way to see the three of them to safety without leaving the safe house.

"I've tried the comm unit, the lines are cut. There is no way to call off planet. If you have a higher power, may I suggest you to start praying." Looking to Rei'ali. " And do pray for those of of who don't believe. It can't hurt, can it?"

((Woot!! ^.^ Longest post! Sad i know, but hay, most fun I've had typing.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:19 am

Rei'ali stood and endured the Salarian's minor break, feeling pity for both non-combatants who had been so violently, so suddenly thrust into battle. She vowed then to take as much of the combat upon herself as possible during their escape. The fewer lives these two were forced to take, the better.

In response to Kolmer's inquiry, Rei'ali offered what advice she could. She demonstrated the proper way to hold the pistol so the recoil wouldn't harm him and again offered, "Other than that, point and shoot at anything with four eyes."

For a moment, her attention returned to the door as it again shuttered open momentarily. Maybe four batarians. She wasn't sure if she be able to fight of four batarians simultaneously. Her wound momentarily flared, pain reassuring her that she most definitely would not be able to take on four raiders at the same time. Her hand instinctively flew to her side but she did her best to keep her face calm, for her comrades' sake more than her own. She decided to follow Kolmer's advice, sending a silent prayer to Athame that they all survived this encounter.

"Well, the comm systems were our main plan. But we had also considered making for the hanger," she informed the salarian once the momentary wave of pain had passed. She then turned toward the far door where Evan was now hunkered. "How difficult will it be to get to the hanger from here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:58 pm

"Eh? The door? It would be a lot easier if the security locks didn't prevent me from accessing the main system. Instead I get to deal with these pestering little sub-routines and blocks that keep me from reaching main. I just have to complete the sub-routes or lock them with something. "Why? We not looking to good on your end?" He chuckled, lifting his own mood and steading his nerves. He had to keep a level-head now of all times. Jittery hands weren't the greatest tool to work with especially when his task required precision. He just had to keep joking himself through the process and remained focused on his OMNI-tool.

The orange glow bathed his face and made his hand look like nothing more than a silhouette as it passed over the translucent screen, dragging codes and pressing through files and programs. His eye bounced about following each and every program until finally he felt himself on the final stretch. But now his hand was beginning to cram and his worse fear came true. His hands shivering, hovering over his OMNI-tool. Evan tried to remain calm and talk himself down realizing that they were almost out of this hellish place and batarians were behind them trying to kill them and with no way to contact the Citadel and alone in space and and and ...

"Gah!" He grunted as he bashed himself on the head. He stood, left his area, and began pacing about the room breathing heavily, as he tried to expel his stress. Finally, his fluttering lead him to a chair, which he thankfully sat and attempted to regain himself. Feeling that he wouldn't get up for at least a few minutes, without turning he asked Kolmer, "Salarian...Kolmer. You have an OMNI-tool? Go finish that." He pointed with a still shaky hand towards the door he had just left. "I cleared the security by-pass and those blocks for you. All that's left is to hack the main system for the door controls and open them up. You can do that. I just... I just need to take a breather." And with that Evan brought his arm back down and rested both upon his knees then resting his head on his clenched hands.

Last edited by Yobun on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Small annoying things I wanted to correct... No text changes. No worry.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:36 am

"You speciesist! You believe that just because I'm a salarian I can hack a computer console? We have a word for your kind. Larus. The closest thing to it in English would be combination of bigot and red-neck. You probably plan on joining that group Cerberus. " Kolmer could feel his heart speed up and head flood with ways of further attacking this engineer. No, that was enough.

He did not know how to hack a computer, but he did have a deep understanding of how to bypass the firewalls. A few slips in and out and he had a little more control of the system. The security was still in place, so little to no access was given. Only door controls in the hallways... A plan popped in to Kolmers head. A distraction might work. A group of dumb guards would have to be out side the door for it to work.

"I think I might have a plan. I have access to the minor doors. If I were to start opening random doors, some of our guests might feel so inclined as to exam what and where the noise is coming from." He paused for comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:58 am

((On a completely related and HILARIOUS note:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944907&topic=53652414 \
Mordin style song things. "I am the very model of ______" ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:16 am

Rei'ali cast an annoyed glance in the direction of the new salarian. She hadn't interpreted Evan's comment as racist and the fact that Kolmer had troubled her a little. She could easily see conflict within the band down the road, something that they most decidedly did not need at the moment.

"Sounds like as good a plan as any, Kolmer. Get started. The sooner we can get out of here, the better," the asari said as she crossed the room to squat before the chair Evan now occupied, wincing as her side protested the movement. "Evan?" she said ducking her head lower to look up at the young engineer. "I need you with me. I need you one hundred percent if we have a chance of getting out of this alive," she said, placing a calming hand on the human's knee.

Last edited by EcroXineoph on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:09 am

'If we get out of this alive.' Images of death flash through his mind. He was called back to the moment he shot the batarian in the hallway; seeing its frozen with an empty void in his eye and blank face. That could be him soon! Was this what it's like to feel that weight of one's actions in the face of certain death. Evan wondered if he deserved to make it through this endevour. Whoever that batarian was; whatever friends he had before, whatever life he had before, any family he had before... All ended when Evan pulled back his scared little finger and killed him. He looked at his right hand with horror for a moment, contemplating what to do with it know all it did. 'No, Damnit!' He tightened his fist violently. 'He made me shoot him. If I didn't I couldn't be here now. Am I more important than him? Of course I am. I'm not the one risking his life to make quick credits off of unarmed civilians.' By now, Rei'ali was crouched before him trying to console him, with word he didn't quite hear in the moment the wer said. It wasn't until he felt something place itself on his knee that he could put all the word together into something he could understand.

Tilting up his head with a cold sweat beads embedded above his brow, he stared at the asari forming a respond that would reassure not only her but himself that he was to be alright, in tip-top shape, able to pull through. In a manner of speaking, he was being drafted into combat service for a do-or-die operation with an asari commando as their lead. When you put it this way, it was easier to take in, all the better for a shaken colonist engineer with no prior combat experience to accept. "Right... I'll be fine. As soon as we get out of this room. I'll... be fine." He stood up and began to pace about the room once again, listening from the order to move, checking his pistol once and awhile to make sure it was still there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:17 am

Hands whizzing back and forth on the tangible light key bored prepped the door detraction. "Done. I have the doors ready for the plan, any last minute objections?" Kolmer looked at the other two minuet-men/asari. "The possibility if this working is only measured in direct relation to the I.Q. of our raiders. But the doors are not enough. Weneedsomethingelsetodistractthemwith acoupleofthedefensedroneswouldwork iftheyarestillonlinethatis. (We need something else to distract them with a couple of the defense drones would work if they are still online that is.)

((Sorry about the half-ass post, cant think of much right now.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:27 am

((Is it sad that i could read Kolmer-speech even w/o the 'translation'? XDDD))

Rei'ali nodded toward Kolmer. "Good. See if you can get some of them up. But if you can't in a minute or so, we'll have to chance it. We've lingered here too long." As if cued by her sentence, a loud clanging was heard on the door the group had used to enter the room, followed by what sounded like gun fire. All heads in the room snapped toward the door, trigger fingers itching instinctively. "Never mind the drones. Just get this door open so we can get out of here," the asari said, gesturing toward the door opposite of the one now under fire. "We'll have to take our chances with what we run into between here and the docking bay.

In a few moments the door was finally opened and Rei'ali was the first to poke her head out into the corridor, glancing up and down the hallway before gesturing the other two to follow. She tossed a proximity mine into the room as the door closed behind them. Rei'ali jammed the but of her gun into the opening mechanism before heading off down the hallway at as brisk a pace as her side would allow. "The bay is this way, right?" she said over her shoulder as her eyes swept the corridor for any signs of the raiders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:20 pm

"Yeah. Take the next right. There should be a staircase. That will get us to the bay level." Evan responded, coming to a brisk halt against the wall, his pistol held down to one side. Up until now, they had been running down halls listening to nothing but the clang of doors in the far reaches of the compound opening and closing all according to Kolmer's plan. His feelings about this salarian were mixed. He was grateful for creating this plan and opening the doors yet his earlier comment about him troubled him. Guess trusting this one would be more difficult. Evan was always wary of other races. Maybe he, along with the rest of the human race found it funny that humans hadn't been admitted to a seat on the council. This aside he still found the asari reliable, having helped him so far, plus the way she went about things reminded him of soldiers in films about the krogan rebellion. Blunt but effective.

Earlier, the group was focus to evacuate the room having heard the group of raiders outside getting wild and trying to use firepower to get through the door. These doors were sturdy but once the rest of the raiders in the entire installation were alerted to a group of survivors they would surely come to pry the door open. Now they were just trying to make it to the hanger and get the hell out of dodge, or whatever that old piece of human history that was. It was chapter something in school. But he was never big on history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:51 am

The doors were working. The raiders were throughly confused, at least Kolmer thought. He noticed a flashing red glow on the wall, a control panel was being hacked.

"We have a problem! Apparently, the IQ of our guests are a good bit higher than expected, they found us and are locking us in!"

The doors at either end of the hall were closing, and fast. All but exhausted, Kolmer had enough time to throw a single biotic blast, pushing Evan and Rei'ali through the remainder of the port hole.

The floor came up quick. Thud. The door behind him was being cut open. As he lay there, Kolmer braced for the worst. He crawled over to the wall to prop himself on. He turned the safety off and took aim facing the general direction of the door. Boots came rushing in, gun shots, an explosion, a moment of silence, more gunshots. Full seconds of silence from behind the intact door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:56 pm

The asari landed on her side with a pained exhale just inside the hanger bay as the door slammed closed behind her. She fought through the fresh wave of pain that accompanied the landing and quickly swiveled her head around until she saw Evan - and only Evan - strewn on the floor next to her.

"Kolmer? Kolmer!" she called as her mind caught up with the events of the last few seconds. She looked back toward the door that was still eerily silent following the loud explosion. Her eyes darted aimlessly around as she processed. A moment later she forced herself up, ignoring the pained protest of her side, before hoisting Evan up to his feet. "We have to keep going," she said in a half monotoned voice. "Can you fly any of these?" she asked, looking around the bay at the various classes of spaceships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:23 am

What in the world was that? Evan head hurt and could feel a bump developing across his brow. But there was no sense in just lying there. His hands pressed against the cold hanger floors, pushing to the point where he his knees he now under him but fell to his side and onto his back when a wave of dizziness came over him. He peek about and noticed something was a bit off. It was only when the Asari, rather Rei'ali --they were all friends by now, right-- voice tore through the air with stressed urgency did he prop himself up and turn his head, first to her face and then trace her gaze to the door they had just come out of just in time to hear the muffled thump from behind the closed doors. Was that it? Was the salarian just gone like that. It didn't seem possible, but there is was. Kolmer was with them anymore. He had none him that well in the first place but still paused to hold a moment of silence for him, finding himself unable to cry for someone he only meet earlier that day. He wasn't that kind of person.

Rei'ali took his arm and lifted him to his feet encouraging them to keep moving while trying to suppress feelings. But then the question came up as to whether or not he was able to fly one of the vessels in the hanger. "Well, we better hope I can, yeah?" He replied trying to alleviate the sorrow of the current mood. It would be a lie to say that Evan was an ace pilot but he wasn't completely useless on this subject, having flown across the planets surface in smaller crafts before, but never a full-blown deep-space traveler before. He look about and points at a light unnamed supply frigate. "That one! I've watched the pilot on that ship every time we had a supply run to do." He stole one more glance at the now silent door, which now became Kolmer's grave, before pulling his head around. "C'mon! That door isn't the only one into this hanger,"and and starting to run for the frigate.

As he ran by the few ships, one of them stood out. It was the very ship the raiders had used to invade their facility. A wicked idea came to his head and a smile curled onto his lips. He stopped short before a console, telling the asari to continue toward the frigate and put it in the start up sequence. Immediately after, his hand were shifting through and over the holographic interfaces, searching for the correct system to control the crane above. Finally, the crane roared to life and sluggishly rolled across the ceiling towards the ship fuel containers. The crane picked it up, lifted it and traveled once more across the ceiling and came to a halt above the raider's frigate. A devilishly smile came to his face as he input another command, a delay on the crane to drop its payload, took a step back, before- Ping! Bullets whizzed by, one scrapping his arm as they did. It was nothing serious, but Damn! It stung. But the bullet was his cue to run as the raiders found a way into the hanger. After he had made it to the ship and into the pilot seat, he looked out the window and counted down. "4..3..2..1..Go." And as he finished the container feel onto the ship in a fiery explosion. "That should keep them off us. Alright... stabilizers, core read-outs, mass-effect field levels. It's looks good, I think. Right, here we go." Evan maneuvered the ship forward onto the planet surface. He was overly cautious getting out but quick to gain altitude and speed having to brace himself once or twice. Yet, once he was out of the atmosphere, the whole manual control became easier, until he decided that switching to autopilot at least for a little while, just enough to figure out what was to be done next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:07 am

The asari matron had barely taken notice of the shift of control to auto-pilot. Her mind had been rather preoccupied by a combination of attempting to sort through the events of the past hour and desperately straining to /not/ think about where they currently were located - the vacuum of space.

Rei'ali had never liked space travel. Her usual way around her fear was to keep her mind occupied for the entire duration of the flight. She would envision herself doing complex tasks such as disassembling and reassembling every weapon she had ever used or reciting lines of asari poetry or other literature. If she was on her way to or from a mission she would review the objectives or outcomes of the mission over and over, never allowing herself any time to truly think of her location. She wished she could think of any of these things now but the only thoughts that plagued her mind were constant scenes from the raid, played over and over in her mind like some perverted documentary. But at least it was something to keep her distracted.

But, for however calm she thought she was keeping herself, her hands still gripped the armrests of her chair as if she clung to the seat for life itself. To an outside observer it may have appeared that she was traumatized by the days events, but she had seen much worse in her centuries of service.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves and hide her fear. "Well done, Evan."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   

Back to top Go down

~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next