The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are we still doing this?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

Are we still doing this? Empty
PostSubject: Are we still doing this?   Are we still doing this? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:24 pm

So uhm...yeah. Important question. Are we still trying to pull this thing off?

We all have our excuses as to why we haven't been working on it for the past months. (I'd wager "lazy" is the number one answer. XDD) But now it's full on summer so do we wanna get back on it and make this thing happen or should I shove it in the dead pile of things that I started that never got finished?
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Are we still doing this?   Are we still doing this? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:11 pm

It's up to you guys.

If you guys think that you can turn the story into something that can be drawn as a comic in reasonable time, with fully realized volumes and chapters and dialogue and plot and such, then let's do this thing. Hey, man, I've seen things like this be turned completely on their heads. There is a lot of stuff to be done, if you want to do it.

But before painting the walls you need a stronger foundation in the house, and a lot of what's been done is just those extra frills. People who wanted to start this are either too afraid or too lazy to step in and actively share their thoughts in the creative-making process, which in the end only serves to hurt us. This project needs people who will give enough of a damn to sit down, read what we have so far, and think about what's wrong with it, what should happen instead, etc. This project needs people who will actively brainstorm! I can think of any number of problems I have with the current plot, but what good is it if no one else is there to challenge my ideas? Just as an example.

That's the major problem that's infected this project since the beginning. The unwillingness to actually brainstorm.
I've seen people sharing ideas here, but no actual /building/, which is paramount to success. Jisu, Ismael, and I had a few brainstorming sessions, but a couple of days after-school chats isn't enough to really make a great story - we're amateurs. XDD

But don't mistake my words for pessimism, cynicism. I think it could be done with the proper initiative. I think it could be done with goals and excitement and intrigue. I think everyone would enjoy a good, fun brainstorming session - I mean, that's half of what I'm on the internet doing with Mu all this time, and I wouldn't give that up for anything because of how fun it is.

I think it could be done.
The question is,

are any of you willing to learn how to brainstorm? Smile

If you are, or if you know and are just shy, then this project has every reason to continue.

(Or even be scrapped for a new project, in the interest of keeping interest. Often if something has died it's hard to revive it while also trying to revive interest, which is why I mention scrapping.)

/rant
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Are we still doing this?   Are we still doing this? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 4:47 pm

I'm still totally up for continuing the tale of the conflict between the Ignocians and the Libracians. 8D

I mean, seeing all the characters we created and their quirks really makes me happy to have gotten that far, and I really want to continue it. I mean, how else can we see Radamanthys and his casting bad luck on Eltana and Jasper trying to get their hands on STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN if we don't make a visual representation of it? I want people to see that and find it comical, and more importantly, I want it made. So I'm up for it.

Now, I know it'll be hard to be creative again about this, seeing as we've been holding off from it for such a long time. But I know we can do it given all we did in those small times we had together brainstorming mexican Radamanthys xD
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Are we still doing this?   Are we still doing this? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 4:49 am

Oh yeah! Rad man thighs! XD

Anyway, yeah. I'm glad to hear you guys are still interested. I am too I was just...loosing heart. I'll try to see if the guys (other than Ismael I mean) still wanna do this thing. I have a hunch Mike's out and Andy I'm not sure. Ty and Cam will probably still wanna help out if we're doing it.

But yeah, it definitely needs more planning and plotting and all that. And also, I need a kick up side the head. I'm way too locked in certain ideas about this thing. It's kinda....I'm stubborn to a fault when it comes to changing things I've created. I tend to be egotistical enough to think nothing I make ever needs changed. Anyway, self-bashing aside, I need to really be open to CHANGE things from this cause I have a hunch that's what's gonna bee needed. But I'm willing to put me ego out to pasture and give it a go! One more time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we still doing this?   Are we still doing this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are we still doing this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Missed Parallel :: PMS (lol) :: Q & A-
Jump to: