The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK people, we need names!

Go down 
+2
Fumagi
EcroXineoph
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

OK people, we need names! Empty
PostSubject: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:11 am

So the main ones I see a need for right now are:

• Eltana's sister (One year older, less mature, they grew up as best friends being so close)
  • Jasper's little sister. (He and she are orphans. She still has no exact age although early teen years has been proposed.)
  • The land/country/continent whatever you wanna call it that this takes place on.
  • Names for the two civilizations. (We are not calling them steampunks and spirituals for much longer!)
  • Any and all proposals for god/goddess names. We have to make an entire religion here folks. XP

That's all for now although you don't have to stop here. If you have an idea for a character with a name or even just a "hey that's a cool name but no character goes with it" stick it in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:25 am

Here, I'm just going to list a bunch of names. XDDDDD

Korin
Lara
Keen
Peruvia
Met
Sibrana
Sulhi
Kriith
Canon
Delia

more to come, I hope! Just making up names now.
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:48 am

Here are names we had pulled for possibilities for Eltana but they got rejected. Maybe we can still use some of them?

• Vestalie/Vestile
  • Quelamia
  • Taloamia/Taloama
  • Amania
  • Shastala
  • Quilinas
  • Ilbel/Ialbel

Then we also had two left over goddess names:

• Vesta
  • Rabesek
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:58 am

I like the name Rabasek for perhaps a Steampunk city? It's very harsh, staccato.

Also I /really/ like the name Amania for Eltana's sister - it sounds so young and fresh, and kind of fits her because she's supposed to be immature, you know? O.O
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:05 am

Good point. Both of them. I agree! Well, that's two down. How many to go? XP

Also, I like the name Korin. Maybe for a friend of Jasper's?
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:10 am

That makes sense! Korin could be maybe a guy who actually wants to get drafted, and that would make it easier for Jasper to take part in the war? PEER PRESSURE'S A GREAT THING, GUYS
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:15 am

I was about to say the exact same thing! XDDD
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:18 am

heee! oh god now I want to draw him, what do you think Korin would look like?

I'm kind of imagining him with brownish hair...? Oh, and a bit of a tan, too. Kind of a cutey, around Jasper's age - do you think he'd be a mechanic? Maybe a metal worker, hmmm...

(Also I don't think that it's bad that we're kind of digressing, we can always get back to the main topic at any time after all. :> If it gets bad we can just make a Korin thread XD)
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:24 am

XDD Well, honestly I have NOTHING for poor Korin. No visual (which is kinda normal) but also no feel. I usually get a character's essance WAY before I know what they look like but Korin is eluding me. Bugger.

I guess just get a few sketches then we can look at em.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:01 pm

Sketch delivered: click here for the Korin thread

(and now seriously I need a nap/sleep)
Back to top Go down
Cam11598

Cam11598

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:07 am

EcroXineoph wrote:
So the main ones I see a need for right now are:

• Eltana's sister (One year older, less mature, they grew up as best friends being so close)
  • Jasper's little sister. (He and she are orphans. She still has no exact age although early teen years has been proposed.)
  • The land/country/continent whatever you wanna call it that this takes place on.
  • Names for the two civilizations. (We are not calling them steampunks and spirituals for much longer!)
  • Any and all proposals for god/goddess names. We have to make an entire religion here folks. XP

That's all for now although you don't have to stop here. If you have an idea for a character with a name or even just a "hey that's a cool name but no character goes with it" stick it in this thread.
Countries: Arourans & Borealans (After the N. Lights)
gods: Defenitly a Grim reaper but not in the traditional sense (Can i be him?)
elephant
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 6:49 am

Hmm well,, by grim reaper do you mean kinda like a god of death> Cause we're definitely aiming toward a greco-roman or egyptian god system where there's a god/goddess for everything.
Back to top Go down
Cam11598

Cam11598

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 2:49 am

EcroXineoph wrote:
Hmm well,, by grim reaper do you mean kinda like a god of death> Cause we're definitely aiming toward a greco-roman or egyptian god system where there's a god/goddess for everything.
Yaha, that works, what about the names i sugested?
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 2:55 am

I like Arourans! Maybe even as a persons name if we tweak it a bit. In my opinion Borealans is a bit too easily connected to Borealis so I'm not as wild about that one.
Back to top Go down
Cam11598

Cam11598

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:02 am

EcroXineoph wrote:
I like Arourans! Maybe even as a persons name if we tweak it a bit. In my opinion Borealans is a bit too easily connected to Borealis so I'm not as wild about that one.
Well i tried! How about Riblonians! ( I have a craving for ribs)
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:03 am

*snerk*
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:41 am

Ok here are some names made by blending words of different langauges which are closely relates to machines and metals. Unfortunally I only know some of the words meanings.

• Makstir Helm
  • Nyhusken
  • Havne a Machinir
  • Ritus of the Feranya

Right. Well there they are.
Back to top Go down
Nyozeka ko

Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 5:39 pm

Ko's brain comes up with names all the fracking time, here's a few and the ideas that flowed around them at the time of conception. :3

Iyaren (ee-AH-rehn)emphasis on the Ah sound - a flowy sorta name, perhaps it can be utilized for a village or town for the Spirituals.

Slyaryis (ssill-AH-ree-iss)once again emphasis on the ah sound- Another flowing, silibant name. I was thinking this one could be used to refer to the Spirituals, by themselves of course.

Syn (if you can't pronounce this I get your balls on my platter)- With this one, I thought that it was harsher but still that same silibant sound that Slyaryis had but almost derogatory when I tried it on my tongue, so perhaps this is what the Steampunks can call the Spirituals.

Swelte (swell-TAH) - Ko's being Sirius, and if you can't see the pun in that name then I get your soul. So the Steamers have something to call the Spirits in a not nice context, so how about the Spirits to the Steamers. XD

That's all that Ko's brain supplies her at the moment. They have no true root in language, since I didn't want to influence how we should approach things culturally. XD That's not in mah job despription.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 am

I really like the slang names for the 'races' (for lack of better word) to call each other. I lol'd at Swelte. XD
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 4:56 am

Yay, yet another editions of "names for thought." -Clapping in background- I decided to shorten some of the long names I had, into more convient words that are easier to read out after rethinking my last edition.
-Also...Refrigerate after opening. Shake well before serving. Exp. Date: Sometime Yesterday.
Opps...

• Stalblod
  • Forzo Pit
  • Revanham
  • Bostagell
  • Ignogal
  • Takben

Right! Good luck riddling those out. Heh heh.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 6:00 am

Nyozeka ko wrote:

Swelte (swell-TAH) - Ko's being Sirius, and if you can't see the pun in that name then I get your soul. So the Steamers have something to call the Spirits in a not nice context, so how about the Spirits to the Steamers. XD

Can I suggest this be spelled swelta. I'm not sure an e at the end would make an 'ah' sound or at least most would not read it as such.
Back to top Go down
Cam11598

Cam11598

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:44 pm

EcroXineoph wrote:
Nyozeka ko wrote:

Can I suggest this be spelled swelta. I'm not sure an e at the end would make an 'ah' sound or at least most would not read it as such.
I read it as an Ah but that might just me being fluent in german and all
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:15 am

Okay, seriously we need to really get the names for the Steampunks and the Spirituals as fast as we can because these two really need time to fit into their names.

I'm going to read the whole thread after I post a quick other thread, and then make my opinion known about what I think the names should be, which is, of course, my opinion, not what actually needs to be. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:02 pm

... I'm against the straight-up "Hey guys. I'm the God of Death. You're on my list." Can we just make the "deathgod" into something more than just a typical death god??? Say, like how Hades/Pluto is not Death. Just the keeper of the Dead. ya know?
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:45 pm

-Ignogal
For the 'Steampunks', Ignos? The Ignos people, Ignians/Ignites, etc etc. Has the benefit of connotating ignoble and ignite, both very steampunky in nature.
-Slyaryis
For the 'Spirituals', Siaris? tried to work it around a bit and always got too close to 'syaoran' so I best put that aside.

(But god do I like Ritus. I might go make a little doodle thread for the whole little explosion of Ritus that evolved from my head at that name.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK people, we need names!   OK people, we need names! Empty

Back to top Go down

OK people, we need names!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next