The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More story chunk. Spiritual War Council.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

More story chunk. Spiritual War Council. Empty
PostSubject: More story chunk. Spiritual War Council.   More story chunk. Spiritual War Council. EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 12:27 am

(Titles in brackets are places where names are needed.)

It was a somber morning in the village. Everyone knew the gravity of what would be decided today at the tribal council. One of their own had been killed and several scouting parties of steampunks had been seen in their woods. All were armed. The leaders of all the villages were gathered now and soon the meeting would start and it would be decided whether or not the spirituals were going to war with the steampunks.

Although the many villages of the spirituals all had well trained warriors, the people had not fought a large war in many many years. The last one had been over 40 years ago when there was a power struggle in a nearby village. The leader had become corrupt in his search for the stone of the ancients and, after a meeting of the surrounding villages, all decided it was best to remove him from power. Of course, he had many loyal to him and the ensuing fighting nearly killed every man woman and child in the village. Even to this day it lied in ruin as a reminder of what war does. Many had to pass it on their journey to the village today and they brought it with them to the council chamber.

“My brothers,” the High Chief began, “we are her today to decide our course of action against the steampunks. We can no longer ignore them. They have come onto our land with their weapons. There are whispers that they are building their army, and,” he gestured for Eltana to rise, “now they have killed one of our own.”

There was some confused murmuring as the leaders looked upon the ‘dead’ girl before them. The High Chief nodded to Eltana, as he introduced her to the council. “My brothers, this is Eltana. She died yesterday.” There was more murmuring, this time more vigorous.

Eltana stepped forward and bowed low to the council. “Chieftains. What [high chief] says is true. Yesterday, I was killed by steampunk weapons. And if you do not believe me, then look upon my scar with your own eyes.” she said boldly as she lifted the part of her shirt that covered her torso revealing a large circular scar just above her bellybutton. Yet again in the council chamber murmurs filled the air. Then someone spoke out.

“Then how, child, do you live?”

“Only through the grace of Khala.” And at this statement the murmuring was the loudest yet. Eltana continued to speak over the murmur. “She saved me. Brought me back.” And when the murmuring became louder still Eltana’s tattoo’s began to glow and her eyes turn a bright gold. She speaks again but this time with a deep, more powerful voice. With Khala’s voice. “I would not think such disbelief from my own people. I would not think I would have to first make my presence known here and now. I would think that faith would be enough for you as it has been for your ancestors for the past thousands of years. I would be wrong. So hear me now and do not question this girl again for she has already experienced more that any of you.

“I am Khala!” A sudden hush fell over the room and all believed. There was a pause then Khala continued speaking slowly and deliberately, her words full of power. “I have saved this child because you will need her. She will be my conduit as you fight this war. She will lead your people through this time. I now live within her always. A reminder that the gods are still with you.” As she said this her voice faded and the tattoos and golden eyes followed suit. Eltana collapsed forward onto her hands and knees, her head down and her breathing shallow. [High chief] bent down and slowly helped Eltana stand, reassuring her and he guided her back to her seat. He then turned to the council who all returned his stare with shame and a new belief on each face.

One of the chiefs spoke. “So we go to war.” he said quietly and as a statement of fact. Once more there was murmuring in the chamber but it this time it was all in agreement of the statement.

The meeting concluded some time later. The men discussed some details and specifics but to all in attendance it was now abundantly clear, they were at war with the steampunks and the gods were still with them.

~*~*~*~*~

So yeah. I'd LOVE to be writing more but, guys, we NEED a plot. Please, I can't pull this out of my ass. Well I could but then it would be my project not ours. So y'all need to get on line and we need to be able to discuss this. (Which was the point of the forum.)
Anyway, sorry to sound like I'm yelling at anyone. I'm just a bit frustrated by the whole situation. I really want to start to work on this so it can start and it can be awesome!
Back to top Go down

More story chunk. Spiritual War Council.
Page 1 of 1