The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana

Go down 
+2
Fumagi
EcroXineoph
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana Empty
PostSubject: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:33 am

(As the narrator speaks, we see the world of _______(?). We see the people in the old times, see the split, and then see the two new civilizations living their separate ways.)

Narrator:
The land of _______(?) had long experienced an uneasy peace. Centuries ago, its peoples were one, but now they lived divided. In the Old Times, the gods had watched over all their people, but then, for reasons they did not understand, there was a split and half their people forsook them, moving out of the protective forests and constructing large cities powered by pressurized water. By steam. They began calling themselves Steampunks (?). As they advanced, they began to view their brothers who remained with the gods as lower beings, uncivilized, even savage. Likewise, those who remained began calling themselves Spirituals (?) and started to distrust the Steampunks (?), fearing they would one day attempt to annihilate them and also loathing how they corrupted the environment with their pollution. And so tensions escalated with each generation and they soon forgot that they had ever been one people…

(Scene fades to Jasper bent over welding two sheets of metal together in a place that looks like the combination of a mechanic’s and a blacksmith. Two men enter. They are mid conversation.)

Milo:
-can’t be trusted! We need to take action now! I’ve been sayin’ it for years and I still say it!

Man 2:
Yes but Milo, stop and think. We can’t afford a full scale war with them. We still don’t know all they’re capable of.

Milo:
What can they do? Pray to their gods? Their gods won’t save ‘em. Nothing could stop us! Especially once Jasper and I finish up this last order.
(He gestures to the metal Jasper is welding and then to the large pile of completed guns stacked in the corner.)

Man 2:
What are they? I’ve never seen anything like them?

Milo:
They’re a new prototype gun. They shoot _____ (flames or plasma/energy) (?). They have to be hooked up to one of these generator backpacks but considering the powerfulness of the weapon, the weight of the pack is worth it.

Man 2:
Are you making these for the army? I mean, was it a commission?

Milo:
Yep.

Man 2:
So then…Does this mean we’re actually going to war?

Milo:
I dunno. I think they just wanna have ‘em on hand. Incase those savages decide to try anything…funny.

Last edited by EcroXineoph on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:40 am

(Morning in the Spiritual village. [Eltana’s sister] comes in to wake Eltana up for morning chores. [Sister] is older but Eltana is more mature. They are a year apart, grew up together, and are best friends.)

[Sister]
Eltana. Hey, Eltana. Wake up.
(Kneels down next to her, rubbing her shoulder to wake her.)
Eltana. Come on. Get up.

Eltana
Mmhmmm…
(She begins to stir, slowly waking.)

[Sister]
(Shakes her shoulder a little harder.)
Hey. Come on. Time to get up. We have chores.

Eltana
(Mummbles) I dun wanna…
(She pulls the covers up over her head and rolls onto her side facing away from [Sister].)
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:49 am

Eeeeeeeee.

I always imagined that the reason the Steampunks split originally is just because of technology. Like say a bunch of them started bettering themselves through technology, and those more traditional people didn't really like what that would mean for the forest and such, and eventually they just kind of broke off.

Also, question: got any ideas for what Milo looks like? :DDD Or Eltana's sister? Also man, we should be making threads for names, but I'm just really... I'm nameless. ;_; at the moment. Making the forum made me wiped out creatively.
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:54 am

I don't blame you! I don't really wanna think of names now either.

Uhm, Milo...I kinda pictured him as a bit overweight, maybe balding with a mustache?
Eltana's sister I got nothing. Similar to Eltana I guess but...nothing other than that.

*Also as a note, places in the text with (?) means it need help. A name, an idea, a permanent definition of the object, whatever. Brainstorm and let me know if anyone get's anything! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nyozeka ko

Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:21 pm

They’re a new prototype gun. They shoot _____ (flames or plasma/energy) (?). They have to be hooked up to one of these generator backpacks but considering the powerfulness of the weapon, the weight of the pack is worth it.

This word that I've highlighted should be "power". >w< It sounds wrong when you say 'powerfulness' and considering it's an awkward word.... *ninjas off*
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:27 pm

I know but Milo isn't too educated. I considered making it sound proper but I decided to leave it like this in the end. It could go either way though.
Back to top Go down
Nyozeka ko

Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:37 pm

Ahhh, sou desu ne, well if it's unedumacation ye were goin' for, then you probably shoulda made him slur his words that way those reading don't get the wrong ider like I did. :3
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:46 pm

Ahhhh, good point.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:48 am

Going to go out on a limb here and try to make a Milo slur:

Dey’re a new protatype gun. Dey shoot _____ (flames or plasma/energy) (?). Dey hafta be hooked up t'one o'dese generatah backpacks but considerin' deh pow'fulness of deh weapon, deh weight o' deh pack is worth it.

Also a suggestion for the above - the word plasma is too futuristic for steampunk. Perhaps fire or electricity would be more type-cast for them?
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
Nyozeka ko

Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Fu, I lurvs your slurring capabilities. XD If'ns we ever need script ta be written for a drunkard or someone with a heavy Irish accent, I voluntold fu!

Also, I think fire/bolts of harnessed electricity from said backpack would be just so awesome. Though with the fire, I'm thinkin' more of napalm and that sorta defeats the purpose of steampunk danna so ignore that one. XD
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 2:09 am

OK, so slur Milo up and I guess I'll go with electricity? So like, shooting bolts? Like zap and then it stops? Then you'd have to shoot again?
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:27 am

In band I was thinking about liquid nitrogen, you know with the (literally) flash freezing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:36 am

Liquid Nitrogen seems too unstable to be weaponize, especially by Steampunk standards. Electricity can be transferred to the target using wire making it a better opinion. Also the use of "Steam," can be used to propel most objects. See what I'm say? So although cool, no pun inteneded, its a unrealitic idea for the Steampunks.
Back to top Go down
Nyozeka ko

Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:45 am

Yobun wrote:
Liquid Nitrogen seems too unstable to be weaponize, especially by Steampunk standards. Electricity can be transferred to the target using wire making it a better opinion. Also the use of "Steam," can be used to propel most objects. See what I'm say? So although cool, no pun inteneded, its a unrealitic idea for the Steampunks.

Yobun (does five second obligatory song bit) does have a point. Liquid nitrogen is about as stable as an atom of Francium (the most unstable atom upon the periodic table) and if it were to be used as a weapon then the steampunks would require technology far beyond even our own. Not even we can use Liquid Nitrogen as an effective weapon due to just how volatile it can get if it's not properly stored in containers specially designed and crafted to hold the super cold liquid.

To properly understand, you have to realize that Nitrogen BOILS at a temperature that is damn close to absolute zero (which subsequently means that we just don't possess the technology to make it solid, unlike carbon dioxide to make dry ice), which means that if it's coming out of anything short of super tempered steel or hardened carbon, then the spout it's coming out of will inevitably shatter after just a few scant seconds. Even we, today, have problems dishing out the stuff without specialized hoses and nozzles.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:32 am

Is steam punk up for muskets and such? I really don't have much knowledge about steampunk culture persay, it's just a kind of a new thing for me still. ^_^;;

Are/Can we engineer awesome sauce'em weapons and such??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana   The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana Empty

Back to top Go down

The Script So Far: Jasper and Eltana
Page 1 of 1