The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. Empty
PostSubject: The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.   The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 5:01 am

So, for my creative writing class I have to write a little play with 2 characters. It has to be somehow (it can be very obscure) related to the poem Ozymandias. You can just google it if you wanna read it and don't know it. It's short. But basically, it's like: tyrants come and go and the world still turns. It talks about the ruined statue of this "great" and "terrible" king who thinks he all bad ass. But he's been forgotten and his great monument is now crumbling.

Anyway, I really wanna use this to write something for PMS. Any hot ideas? I'm so stressed my brain is dead. XP

Last edited by EcroXineoph on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing title to be more accurate.)
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.   The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 5:19 am

Hmmmm...what about....the first time Eltana and Jasper meet and how they both think the other's people are tyrants?
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.   The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:13 am

OK so I actually was able to pull this scene out of my arse. No thanks to you guys. (I love y'all!)
Anyway, w/o further ado:

(Deep in the forest about a quarter mile from Eltana’s home village. Jasper has been sent on a mission to scout the nearby Spiritual villages – since he’s a new recruit, he is seen as expendable. Through Khala’s help, Eltana has sensed Jasper’s presence and has gone to confront him. Jasper is sneaking through the brush when he all but runs into Eltana has come to be standing in his path. He is armed with a revolver. Eltana has a long spear.)

Jasper
Ah!

Eltana
What are you doing here, swelta? And alone? You must not be very wise.

Jasper
I…uh. I was just –

Eltana
Do not lie, swelta. Not a good reflection of your people. Then again…
(she pauses, looking down at the scar on her abdomen)
when have your people ever cared about how they appear to others?

Jasper
What’s that supposed to mean?
(There is a pause in the conversation as his question goes unanswered. He fidgets with his gun.)
Fine. I’m a scout. I’m supposed to count the number of you people out here. Happy? So now what? You take me as a prisoner? Then I get tortured, right?

Eltana
(She studies his face as she makes her decision.)
We are not savages as you think, swelta. We do not kill innocents. That is reserved for you and your people.

Jasper
Again. What are you talking about?

Eltana
(In an uncharacteristically calm voice for the statement) Your people killed me.

Jasper
(He stares at her with a look of mixed shock and disbelief for several seconds.)
But you’re alive.

Eltana
Only through the grace of the goddess Khala. She brought me back. And now she resides with me.

Jasper
But, the gods and goddesses don’t exist. They aren’t real. And why would they bring you back anyway?

Eltana
To lead my people against yours, swelta. We are at war.

Jasper
You’re crazy! You really think you died and your “goddess” brought you back? You probably just ate some bad tree root or whatever it is you syn eat.

Eltana
(She raises her spear to his throat. Her body tattoos begin to glow brighter and her eyes turn gold. Her voice deepens slightly.)
Do not call my people that. You are the ones who forsook us so many ages ago. But I still remember. You turned your back on us for your machines. You left the smoke of the sacred fire and now you make steam. Long have you hated my people. And now you wish to kill them. Even the innocent.

Jasper
(He stands there with a horrified look on his face as the transformation occurs and as Khala speaks.)
Please, don’t kill me.

Eltana
No. Not yet. You will return to your people. Tell them that if it is war they so desire, it is war they will receive.
(She lowers her spear slowly, her eyes locked on Jasper.)

Jasper
(Cautiously takes several steps backwards then turns and runs as fast as he can out of the forest.)

Eltana
(Her tattoos dim again and her eyes return to their normal grey-white color. She almost collapses and is left panting as Khala relinquishes control back to her. She looks up just in time to see Jasper running around a tree and out of view and is forced to wonder what Khala did.)
Back to top Go down
Cam11598

Cam11598

PostSubject: Re: The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.   The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:58 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.   The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 1:36 am

Thanks!
Oh and I have a question that has been burning in me for a LONG time now...

WHAT is your avatar pic?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Cam11598

Cam11598

PostSubject: Re: The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.   The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:59 am

EcroXineoph wrote:
Thanks!

A tribble if it was assimilated by the borg lolz at my nerd ness
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.   The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 8:48 pm

Cam11598 wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:
Thanks!

A tribble if it was assimilated by the borg lolz at my nerd ness

I believe nerdiness has been vastly compromised in these threads.

Plz 2b savin da nurDnasss thx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.   The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting. Empty

Back to top Go down

The result of Jisu's Creative Writing HW; Eltana and Jasper's first meeting.
Page 1 of 1